Thursday, February 10, 2011

Week in the Life...Day 5: Thrusday

Usual Morning today.  Up at 6:30, and getting things done.  After I ate breakfast Cortney was talking in her room a lot, so I wondered what was going on.  I went in to wake her up and she was reading "Goodnight Moon"  to her two bears Ming and Bubba, as seen in the picture below.  It was really cute because at the time she was having her bears sitting in chairs, and every time she saw the bears in the chairs in the book she got really excited.
 After she ate breakfast and we got ready this is what she did:
 She sat there for about 10 minutes with her bears.  Ming is the panda bear and it is named Ming because that is what it said on the tag that is attached to it.  And Bubba we named when she was young and that was one of the things she could say at the time.  In the picture below she is putting on her face lipstick. 

 Many Mornings I make myself a smoothie of bananas and frozen blue berries and strawberries.  Cortney is so scared when the blender gets turned on.  I have to warn her and count to 3 so she can be ready.
 This is a picture Cortney was drawing.  She usually tells me what she is drawing but she didn't tell me this time, so I will leave it up to your imagination.
 Cortney was not exactly happy this morning, she is still kind of in a testy mood.
 Here is a picture of when she was screaming because I would not let her get on her bed.  She was jumping on it and I asked her to stop but she didn't.  So I took her off and sat on the bed so she couldn't get on.  She was so mad at me, but she got over it eventually.
 Snack of choice today was apples!
 We also colored some more, here is my picture!
 Here is Eve coloring.
 And here is Cortney coloring.
 At one point I got up to get something and saw how Cortney was sitting while she was coloring the whole could this be comfortable?  PS - Cortney did a good job on her outfit today!  It matches and even the hair clips matched that she picked out!  Good job Cort!
 Today Cortney went over to Michelle's house so I could get some homework done.  I was going, going, going the whole time.  I managed to get a lot of work done, including mopping the kitchen floor, fixing her baby stroller she broke by sitting in (pictures below), a ton of homework done, and I ran about 1.5 miles.  I just started running again after not running for the winter.  It was too cold and we cannot afford a gym membership so I can only run outside.  I have recently decided to put running back high on the priority list because it is a great way of getting rid of stress and feeling better.  I'm planning on increasing my distance by .5 miles a week.  By the end of the summer my goal is to run 2 5ks and 1 10k.  But now I am exhausted.

 This is Cortney as we were tucking her into bed...

At the end of the day, I would say she was pretty happy to go to bed!  As for me I have a little more homework to do and I am also looking forward to a hot bath!  Then probably off to bed...
Talk to you tomorrow on day 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment