Background1

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Endless Shrimp is Back!


It is fairly wide known that Red Lobster is Chris' favorite restaurant.  So it isn't unusual to get a gift card from time to time for Red Lobster.  All throughout the year we collect the gift cards until Endless Shrimp time, at which time Chris feels he finally gets his money worth!  It has been almost a year since we went last, and I was pleasantly surprised how well Cortney acted - for a two year old anyway.

We had a nice time, Chris didn't beat his high score - 140, but he came close with 120 shrimp admitting that he just doesn't eat as much as he used to.  Not as much but still a lot!  Shrimp Scampi is our favorite and we have learned a secret when it comes to Scampi I thought we would share.

The first order of shrimp is always bigger, and the scampi comes in its own little dish filled with a sauce.  When we are finished with our first order of scampi we keep the little dish full of the sauce to pour on top of the next couple rounds - because they put less sauce on for the refills.  This keeps the shrimp tasting yummy!  Also the longer you have to wait for refills the fuller you start to feel, so the trick is for me to order more for myself even when I am finished eating - that way he gets more shrimp faster so he can fit more in.



When we were done eating Cortney and I went and looked at the lobster in the tank.  The hostess asked if we wanted her to take one out so Cort could touch it.  I said yes, but when the lobster came out, Cort ran the other way yelling "AHHH!  MONSTER!!!"  I had to explain it was a lobster not a monster but I am not sure she was convinced.

 We have a couple more gift cards saved up!  We always enjoy Endless Shrimp Season!

1 comment: