Background1

Friday, September 2, 2011

Cortney's Book!

The curriculum that I got to teach Cortney at home has a lot of stuff in it that she isn't ready for.  This was a little book that I know she wasn't ready for but I know she likes to color, and I was kind of interested in what she would say,  I didn't help her with any of the answers, what I wrote came straight from her mouth.  Here it is:

 The first page says "A Book About ME" 

Then it says My Name is ___________ (She said Cortney)

I am a ____________(She said big girl) 
 This page says
I have ____________ (crazy) hair and ______________ (blue) eyes.    On our Yellowstone trip I took a picture of her when she had "Crazy Hair" and she loves looking at that picture.  In her drawing below you can see how she drew 1 blue eye, but then decided not to draw another one.

The bottom says I like to wear ___________(my swimsuit)  - she loves going swimming!
 The top says this is me with my family.  I give her points because she did draw the heads as circles, but instead of drawing the bodies down she drew them off to the side so it looks more like sperm.  I like how she drew Dad, Mom, Cortney, and Uncle Jason :)

The bottom is a picture of her home
I like this one!
The top says my favorite food is _________(she said ice cream)
the bottom says my favorite thing to do is _____________(eat ice cream)  I think she just had ice cream on her mind.  Either way Papa Kinville would be proud!
 Oh and this is a bonus picture.  I went into her room to check on her during quiet time and I found her face down on her bed taking a nap!  It is kind of hard to see, but she has her blanket wrapped around her head pretty tight.  We never really see her sleeping ever because we know after we tuck her in she gets up and plays with toys.  She does not wake up well either so we let her play with her toys before we go in and get her in the mornings so she is happier when she comes out. 

So this was during quiet time when she usually just plays with her toys - she doesn't really take naps any more.  It was a pleasant surprise to see her sleeping and I couldn't resist taking a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment