Background1

Friday, June 3, 2011

To My Family

Recently I have realized how much I need to tell the people I have in my life now how much they mean to mean especially my family, so here it goes:

Dad -
You are such a good example of integrity and courage.  Being raised under your roof I learned the importance of hard work and the value of money.  I can always call with questions, and you always give the best answer that exists.  I am glad I had you as an example to see how a worthy priesthood holder should act so I could find those same traits in my husband.  I am well pleased to call you my dad!  I love you dad!

Mom-
Now that I am a mom myself I truly see how amazing you are.  You are always caring and thinking of others before yourself.  You gave me the best possible example I could have of how I could be a mom.  I try so hard every day to be as a good as a mom as you are to me.  I was blessed to have you there when Cortney was born, and help me through the difficult time that followed.  I am so happy you live close now so I can give you hugs and spend time you with.  Spending time with you always makes me feel better.  I have inherited many traits from you and I am so happy I did!  I love you mom!

Jenn-
Although we did not get along when we were younger I am glad we do now.  I see you as on of my best friends, and I love that we talk almost everyday.  I have always looked up to you.  You are such a hard worker and can do so much.  You always look amazing, and beautiful.  You are such a good aunt to Cortney and I know when the time comes you will be an amazing mom to your children, because everything you do you show how much you love and care for people.  You always do more than required, and I am so glad that I am able to call you my sister!  I love you Jenn!

Jason-
There are many times in my life that I have been proud to call you my brother.  Although you joined the Army a little sooner than we all thought I was so proud that you served your country.  Your accomplishments have been many , I cannot believe you have made it as far as you have especially with the obstacles that have stood in your way.  We have spent many fun times together especially in Alaska where we memorized the Tribute song together!  You have been a great example to your younger brothers, and I hope I can give you a hug again some day!  I love you Jason!

Jake -
Ever since you were little you were always the funny guy and could always make us laugh.  Now that you are older I have seen that you have an amazing musical talent and I am excited to see where it will take you.  You also have very good computer skills  I would not at all be surprised at some day in the future if I went to see a computer animated movie and see your name in the credits.  I was so glad you made that movie for Jason.  Every time you are around I feel happy - I'm glad you are my brother!  I love you Jake!

Ryan-
You are so stinking smart Ryan!  When you were little  I loved teaching you math and helping you memorize pi.  You are talented at singing and I am amazed at how much you know for your age.  You are a loving and helpful uncle to Cortney, there is a reason she always wants to see you, and that is because she loves the time you spend with her and how willing you are to help her.  From the time you were little you loved snuggling and hugging people and I always like getting a Ryan hug, or even just sitting by you!  I love you Ryan!

Chris-
From the time I met you I have just loved being with you!  I can't believe we have been married for almost 4 years, time flies when you are having fun!  You have always been there when I needed a hug, and especially the last couple days you have been amazing and understanding.  I feel blessed that I have you in my life and that I get to spend eternity with you!  You are sensitive to my feelings and I know you really care about my happiness - I am one lucky girl to have you  in my life.  You are also a good loving father, that helps me with her so much, thank you for everything! I love you Chris!

Cortney-
From the second I met you I was in love with you!  You can make my day just by saying a new word or phrase, today it was "Mommy I have the hiccups!".  I truly want the most for you and your life.  I gladly sacrifice for you to make you happy.  I am blessed to have you as a daughter in my family!  You are such a good little girl!  You have such a sweet spirit and you really care about people.  Your love for prayer has been such a good example to me.  I am the luckiest mom in the world! I love you Cortney!

To Other Family and Friends-
Your support the last little while has shown me how lucky I am to have family and friends like you!  I never knew how much love everyone has for our family - and concern for our welfare, especially Jason.  It makes me want to be a better person so I can be a better family member and friend.  It is through times of trials that we grow and learn the most - and possibly the most important thing I have learned during the last little while is that I need to tell everyone how much I love them.  Thank you for everything I love you!

1 comment: