Background1

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Distractions, distractions, distractions!

Never in my life have I checked facebook a million times a day.  Never have I checked to see if my phone still had batteries, and made sure it was still charged.  Never has my heart started to race every time my phone rings.  The last week has been crazy.  I love my brother Jason so much.  From a young age we were banded together against the unstoppable force that was Jen.  I love Jen too, but when we were younger she was definitely  in charge.  We often fought over who would have to wake Jen up from her nap for dinner, and a lot of the times would run together as if that would some how protect us.  He is my little brother, and there are so many memories I'm glad I have of him.  I still pray he will come home safe, but it sure is nice to have distractions.  Here are some I have had the last couple of days:

They are all kind of jumbled up because of the file names I gave them but here they are:
This is Carol and Kim, we all ate together at Olive Garden the other night, yummy!
 Chris and Kim making Chris faces!
 Nana and Cortney at the zoo!

 Cortney's big beautiful eyes!  Love my little girl!
 Cortney following the bird when we fed ducks - we went there 2 times, that is why she might be dressed in different outfits
 My baby girl!

 I love this jacket aunt jenny gave Cortney!


 Daddy hanging Cortney upside down:
 Family pic!
 More Olive Garden pictures:
 The fat pigeon we saw - he definitely needs to go on a diet!
 Kim and Cort feeding the ducks


 Me my little brother Ryan and my Mom
 More from the zoo!


 Ryan and Cort feeding the ducks:

 This is how Cortney feels when we have to go home after feeding the ducks:




All in all, we feel so blessed to have so many friends and family members praying and supporting us.  I know the challenges we go through are for our good and help us to grow and become better people, but it is nice to have fun distractions every once in a while :)

3 comments:

  1. glad you guys had so much fun! Yay! We are continuing to pray for you and your family. Keep us updated, okay? Hang in there- we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What?!?!? The unstoppable force? Me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn, you were so in charge and you knew it, there was nothing either of us could have done about it.

    ReplyDelete