Background1

Monday, December 31, 2012

Baby Girl Growing Up!

One of the biggest things I have noticed lately is how big Cortney is getting!  She had her last day of nursery yesterday!  She is super excited to start primary and she is definitely ready to!  Here are some good Cort stories from the past couple of months:

I had to go to the doctors to get an x-ray of my stomach area...Don't worry, not a big deal.  You don't go through what I went through during Cortney's birth and not end up with some issues.  Anyway, Cortney came with me to the doctors and stood next to the lady that was giving me the x-ray.  When the picture popped up on the screen the doctor said: "look! there is your mommies tummy!"  Cortney, being the child she is, points to the hip bones and says, "Yes!  Those are her hip bones!"  The doctor was quite surprised, especially when Cortney went on to show her where her mandible is :)  She really enjoys learning about the body.  We have spent hours looking at some anatomy cards I got, her favorite by far is the bones!

She has been having lots of playdates, I like when she gets lots of socialization.  We even had one playdate where we went to the mall with a friend.  It is fun watching her interact with other people, and seeing how much she has grown!  The mall playdate was so fun!  First the girls ate lunch together and then we walked around a little and went over to the play place.  She keeps asking when she can go back!  Such a big girl!

Another good growing up story happened one day when I went to pick her up from school.  When we get there to pick them up all the kids are outside playing and we can watch them for a couple minutes.  Most of the time the parents talk about how it is kind of like a zoo exhibit, hehe.  Anyway, one day when I get there Cortney is on this 2 seater trike.  Only the person in the front pedals and steers.  It was a boy in the front and cort on the back.  He was going super fast and cort was just holding on screaming and giggling!  Looks like I am going to have to watch out for guys with motorcycles in her future!

No comments:

Post a Comment