Background1

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Halloween Time!

Breakfast morning I made a yummy spooky breakfast for her!  She loved it!  I actually just used crepe mix and did chocolate chips for eyes and sprinkled a little confectioners sugar on top.

Cortney loved it!

Costume time!!!!  She wanted to be Ariel, and can I just say for the record there are not really any good mermaid costumes for little girls out there, even the one made by Disney.  So I ended up making one.  It was kind of scary, I had never really made anything like it before and I wanted to make sure it was perfect for her, and I love the way it all came out.  And I also love the wig!

 I liked this one, except her eyes are closed, but I still liked the smile...so I kept it!
 I made matching bracelet an necklace out of little pearls, and I made a couple stars out of felt...one for the headband, which I also made.  One for her shirt.  And one for her bucket!
 I did the tutu in 2 different colors of tule, and the sewed ruffles onto the shirt!
It was so puffy!  I loved when she laid down to look at a book, so I snapped a couple pictures of how much it sticks up!

When I took pictures of her she got excited and wanted to take pictures of Honey Bear, who had a cute costume too.  So here she is with her camera!
 Let me say it one more time, I love the wig!  I found it for only $17 online and it had free shipping! I also think little girls look so cute with really long hair, and I loved how the curls bounced as she walked around!
Here are some pictures of Cortney holding Honey Bear(who is Sebastian the crab on little mermaid)




 I crocheted the costume myself, I made eyes for where the ears go into the costume!

Here are a couple shots of just Honey so you can see it better!

 I even did little legs!


It was a fun little project!  Here is her elmo bucket she had that I transformed into one that matched her costume.  It needed a ton of tule to cover up all that red!


Here is the first trick or treating house!  She was so excited, we went to Norman and Jans house, they are one of our nieghbors!

 I love this picture, and the way her skirt was flowing as she ran!
Here she is enjoying her first piece of candy after trunk or treating at the church!  She chose a kit kat bar!


She got way too much candy (it is almost Christmas now and she is still finishing it off!)  It was a fun Halloween, and it wasn't even too chilly either!

No comments:

Post a Comment