Background1

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

But Mom, clowns aren't scary!

After sneaking away for a date last week and seeing the new Batman movie (we have a new babysitter we love - yay!  Not as good as Nana but she will do!), it inspired Chris and I to watch the other Batman movies at home.  After Cortney goes to be we either play games or watch a movies or something.  We had the movies down on the TV stand and Cortney found them.

Some how she already knew who Batman is, and she found the cover and excitedly brought it to me.
"Mom, look it is the Batman movie!"

"Yup.  That is Batman!"

"I want to watch it!"

"Honey this movie is a little too scary for you right now."

She turns over the cover and sees a "clown" on the back:






















"But mom, clowns are not scary!  They are fun and nice!"

"Well honey, sometimes they are not very nice.  This clown isn't, he makes bad choices and it makes him sad, crazy, and scary."

"Oh, well when I have big hands like you, then I can watch it."

"Ok honey."

Fun little conversation I had yesterday!  Oh and by the way that is her new thing to say - "when I have big hands like you!"  I don't know why but she loves hands.  She loves rings, and looking at different sizes of hands, especially baby hands (those are her favorite).  I told her once her hands were to small to do something - I think I was cutting up some raw chicken for dinner and she wanted to help.  Ever since then she always asks if her hands are big enough yet.

Friend update:  Audrey (not to be confused with baby Audrey from Utah, Cort is still struggling with it a little)  and Cortney are so cute playing together!  I was talking to her mom the other day and by coincidence they had both added each other to their prayers.  Cortney was thanking Heavenly Father for her coming over to play, and Audrey was praying that Cortney would be healthy - her dad is a PA.  The girls are about 5 months apart - Audrey is older.  It is nice to have someone so close to Cortney's age for her to play with so close!  It is also kind of nice that they can play with each other in Corts room, and let me get some housework done, because I don't have to watch them every second!  My baby is growing up!







No comments:

Post a Comment