Background1

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Our Little Composer!

Yesterday we finally bought a keyboard...we have been waiting for a while to get one, and we didn't really get a nice one, but just having one is super exciting for us!  Especially Cortney, she will spend 1/2 hour on it just sitting and playing.  She even uses earphones, which is awesome for me, a little extra quiet time!

Today Cortney took out a piece of paper and told me she was going to write me a song, this is what she drew: (kind of hard to see the border of the picture because it is on white paper and I just scanned it, but it takes up most of the page)

She really loves music!  Life is a song for her, everything she does she sings a song with it, and her nursery leaders told us she basically runs singing time in there.  If I ask her to go do something she has this little theme song she sings as she runs to what ever it is, I will need to video tape it sometime, but basically it sounds like dng ga dng ga dng, over and over again.  Love it!

Here are a couple pictures of our little composer at work!  There are only a couple, because the other ones didn't want to upload, so maybe I will put more up later!


 This is what she does when she is "thinking", I think she was trying to show me where middle c is, a little off but she is 3 - even knowing that there is a middle c is impressive!


I love this one, she is totally jamming out to her music!  By the way - if you are interested in what "my song" that Cortney wrote for me, it sounds suspiciously like "I am a Child of God" it just has different words. 

I found some great resources for teaching young kids about music and piano!  I think we will start out with rhythm games on her drum, and work slowly from there.  I don't want to push her to learn it too fast, I want to make sure she learns it because she wants to.  Plus - like I said she is 3, we have plenty of time for her to learn, but I love she is so interested so early!  I also love that she is writing "her own" songs - such a creative little girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment