Background1

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sweet Cortney!

Today Cortney's new backpack came!  She starts school in almost a month, and least to say she is very very excited!  She has known for a while now that the mail man was going to bring her a backpack and she asks nearly everyday if it is going to come, and today it did!

The UPS man came and knocked on the door I went over and saw the box.  I asked Cortney if she knew who it was and she said "who?"

"It was the mail man!"

She suddenly got up and started squealing and running around, I love when little kids get excited, they never know quite what to do with their hands!  We took it out, and she tried it on and was all very excited.  Suddenly she stopped and was thinking for a minute, then said.

"I don't need my other backpack any more, I should give it to someone who needs it."

I told her she could keep it in her room if she would like.

But she said, "No, it is too small, and I have a new backpack now!"

With a little thought we found a "small" person who she could give it to, her friend, audrey's little sister Paige.

Cortney even found an old baby toy to put into it for her.

One of those days when I feel like I have done something right!  Sometimes, especially with young ones, I feel like I repeat everything 10 times and it never really sinks in.  I feel blessed to have a loving thoughtful girl who would give one of her favorite toys away to someone else.  We had a talk right after we went over and dropped it off, how Cortney, Paige and everyone else was just so happy because of the choice she made!  Cortney said she likes choosing the right, especially because it makes her happy!  What a wonderful, loving, sweet surprise I got from my miss Cortney today!

Here are some pictures!

Cortney and her "old" backpack.  She has had it for nearly 2 years and she cannot fit it on her back anymore, but she still would play with it a lot.
 This was the "baby" toy she gave to Paige.  Still makes me so happy that she would do something so sweet!
 Cortney's new backpack!  She picked it out all by herself!
 Looks big in this picture, but it isn't really.  It might be a little too big, but I wanted to get one she could use for a couple years!
 It even has her name on it!
 My sweet thoughtful Cortney!  I hope I can continue to raise her to be the same way she is now!  It reminds me a lot of her baby blessing.  The main thing I remember from it was that Cortney was blessed to be charitable and loving to others.  She certainly is!

PS -if you cannot tell (because it is hard to see)  Cortney has 2 braids in her hair today!  You can kind of see one on the right side!  They are pretty small and her hair is still a little crazy but I have been loving doing her hair different ways lately!  It is finally growing in!!!  Maybe she will be able to have her first haircut before the age of 5!!!  Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment