Background1

Thursday, July 26, 2012

It Occured to me Today...

So I have no real reason for thinking this at all.  It didn't happen to me, or anyone I know really.  But as I was buckling Cortney into her booster seat for some reason I thought - what if I accidentally locked her in the car, and I couldn't get her out (see I have no reason to think like that).  But then I thought, she would be ok.  She is a big girl, who is good at taking direction from me, I could get her to get out of her chair, climb up front and unlock the doors!  Then I felt much better.   Hopefully it never happens, I don't see why it would, but if it did at least I know we would be ok! 

Side note, ballet went well this week!  Chris is enjoying his job, and after being an intern for so long in Salt Lake is enjoying all the responsibilities he has!  And I also realized we never made a post about getting a new car!  It is very exciting for us, and we are loving having 2 cars, and at least one of them with AC!!!  Probably one of my favorite parts!  I also enjoying having a beep beep that works really well, the ones for our volvo were getting a little old and you had to stand right next to the car to push the button to unlock the doors, at least they still worked though.

Oh, thought of another fun Cortney story.  The other day one of her toys was having a birthday party while we were playing in her room.  I asked how old the toy (a little Belle Doll - from beauty and the beast)  was.  And she said, she was turning 8! 

So I asked her, "How old is mom?"

"8!"  (I know my whole life I have looked younger than I really am, but that is a little bit of stretch)

"I am 25 years old!"  I said

She started laughing at me for a minute then said, "What?!  25, that is old!"  So it is official: now I am old :)

No comments:

Post a Comment