Background1

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Cortney!

 Cortney turned 4 today...holy cow when did that happen?!  The day started off with breakfast in bed!  She wanted crepes for breakfast or as she calls them rolled up pancakes.  She got four candles - blue since that is her favorite color!  I loved that she chose crepes because that is what I had my mom cook for me when I wanted breakfast in bed!  For the longest time she said she wanted french toast but the last couple of days she has been saying rolled up pancakes instead!
Singing happy birthday!  And in case you are wondering, yes the bed is getting a little small - I bet some time this year we will need to get her a bigger one, she only has a couple of inches before she is too tall.  Totally my mini me except for her height! 

 Then we surprised her by bringing in the present she has been asking for for months...
 A hula hoop!  She loved it!  I like how it is as big as she is :)  Anyway all day she has been telling everyone that she got a hula hoop from her Dad this morning.  Not Mom and Dad - just Dad, good thing we had another present set aside, so we just said the other one was from me!

 Cortney telling me how old she is - I like how it looks more like 3 1/2...still need to get used to holding up four fingers instead of three!
 Picture of my little big girl!  She has been saying things all day like "When I was a little kid _____".  She thinks she is basically a grown up now!
 We went to Red Robin for dinner (her choice) where we gave her, her other present a pony.  After we gave her this one she said "Mom I think I have enough ponies"  I said ok if you think so.  To which she answered, "Yeah I really think so."  I guess if your child says they have too many ponies, they have too many ponies.
 Picture of Daddy and Cortney!
I was sitting on the other side of the bench and forgot to sneak me in a picture.  But don't worry I will post some more pictures next week for my birthday and will make sure to include some of me too!

Cortney loved it when the people came and sang to her at Red Robin, but got pretty shy when they started singing.  She had a happy birthday and I am glad :)  Happy Birthday sweet girl!  Can't wait to see what this year brings for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment