Background1

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cortneys Under the Sea Birthday Party!

Cortney loves Ariel lately and wanted to have an Under the Sea party for her birthday!  Still cannot believe she is 4!  Anyway I love putting together parties and do a lot of things from scratch to cut costs.  It was a ton of work, but I think it turned out great!

This was the present table (before anyone came - it is kind of hard to see but we put a fishing net over the table cloth, it was cute, and super easy way to dress up the table.
 Here was the party table - I tried to give it a "Under the Sea" feel. 
 I made some candy sushi - which was rice crispy treats with candy fish and fruit roll ups - they were a big hit!
 These were my "bait buckets" :)
 Here is her cake - it is sandcastle cake!  What I did was layer 4 cheese cakes on top of each other and put a lot of extra gram cracker crust on top.  I also made some white chocolate / milk chocolate shells to decorate it with!  The end result was awesome, and I think really looked like a sand castle you would see at the beach!
 I brought in a couple purple things - one of them was flowers.  I just love flowers, I was very excited to see they had tulips, sometimes they can be hard to find!
 Another view of the cake!
 "Turtles" - I thought it was a cute candy that went with the theme.
 I made these clam or oyster cookies with "pearls" inside that I thought were really cute!
 And of course cannot have a party without making some marinated shrimp tortellini, yum!
 Made some mini cup cakes - in case kids didn't want cheese cake - and one big one on the top for the birthday girl!



 Picture of the birthday girl in her costume again!  I am so glad we got to use it more than once for Halloween.  She loved putting it on again, and I loved it too!





 Another shot of the table.
 And a shot of some more of those shells made out of chocolate, they came out pretty yummy and pretty!  They even have some swirls in them to make them look like real shells!

 This was Cortney right when we started singing the song, we had to hold her back until the end!
 This is her waiting during the song
 She did take a quick break to turn to me and give me a little kiss during the middle of the song, love my baby!
 The ballons were a big hit!  They had ballon fights all the time, for the first half hour or so all the girls hair was all frizzy and sticking up!

 Blowing out the candle...she got super close to the flame, watch out Cort!

And that was all the pictures I got of the party, the rest of the time I was busy keeping things in line.  We also had a little treasure hunt that the kids loved, where they found hints all over the house to find a little treasure chest at the end with gold coins inside!  She also got some pretty awesome presents from her friends.  There were probably a little more than 10 kids there all together so it got a little crazy and loud at some points but all in all it was tons of fun!  Thanks to everyone who came and made it a special day for my Cortney!

No comments:

Post a Comment