Background1

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Family!

For a while there we thought we were going to have to buy a new car.  Luckily we got a second opinion and found out we really don't have to.  Anyway before we found out I was a little stressed - no really I was a lot stressed.  One night I was sitting on the couch right before Cortney went to bed, just feeling overwhelmed with school and everything else on my plate, she came up to me out of the blue and sang the Happy Family song to me - the first time she has done it by herself!

"I love mommy, she loves me!  We love daddy yes sir ree!  He loves us and so you see, we are a happy family!"

She didn't get all the words right, but it was the cutest thing ever!  After singing it by herself she said "Mommy again" prompting me to sing it with her.  After a couple rounds of that - how could I not feel better? 

Thanks Cortney!

PS - I had a great birthday, mostly due to the fact that I didn't have to deal with car salesmen all day!  We went to dinner with my sister Jenn, and her friend Nichole, which was alot of fun.  Jen and Chris decided to sing happy birthday really loud, not really in tune.  And Cortney got away from our table and went to another one where she dumped salt all over the table.  But it was still a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment