Background1

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cortney Update!

I want to write a couple things down about Cortney before I forget.

1. Cortney is in love with learning about the human body!  A while back I bought this how your body works book at DI for only a dollar - I figured she would like to look at it when she can read or if she has questions when she gets older.  She found it a couple weeks ago up in the office, and she loves looking at it!  She has learned so many new things - and so have I!  Almost anytime we eat something now she asks if it makes her big and strong or not.  It has been great for when she asks for candy or treats because she accepts it when I tell her it does not make us big and strong and we already had a treat today, so maybe tomorrow.  Gotta love that! 

2.  Cortney LOVES the new Taylor Swift song - we are never ever ever getting back together.  Every time we get in the car Cortney asks me to scan all the channels to see if her song is on, and if it is "Turn it up Mom!"  Last Sunday I walked past the nursery room on my way to class and I could hear out in the hall Cortney singing - loudly I might add - "We  are never, ever, ever!"  We love singing it together in the car!

3.  Still loving school!  Cortney is having a blast at school!  She is making new friends and learning lots of things!  For a while I have been wanting Cortney to be interested in writing, but I was trying not to push it too much.  Since school started she loves playing games I make up that uses writing her ABC's and we have even started writing letters to friends and family members (we only write 1 a week - but be on the look out one might be on its way to you!)

4.  Cheerleader a Doctor, and a Mom.  That is the answer Cortney will give you if you ask what she wants to be when she grows up.  With Jenn being the head cheerleading coach at Madison Cortney has been seeing a lot of cheerleading things lately and she is just in love.  Jenn sent this video to Cort that her girls made.  I think it was for some kind of camp - it teaches how to do a couple cheers and dances - we do the movie at least 3 times a week.  She even wrote her letter last week to the cheerleaders telling them how much she likes their movie - hopefully they will write a letter back soon!  And I am not sure where the doctor thing came from - I know she likes the human body but we never sat down and talked about being a doctor is what people who like learning about the human body do - maybe she picked it up at school, who knows?  But I'm guessing this is going to change (with exception of mom, which seems to stick) more than a hundered times before she finally decides what she really wants to do - after all it was only a year ago when she wanted to be a Panda when she grew up!

5.  The other night Chris went to an Oregon Duck game with friends and me and Cortney had a girls night!  So much fun - painted our nails, watched Rapunzel and then snuggled!  She is getting so stinking tall it is hard for us to snuggle the way we always have, with her head on my chest - but I was a little sneaky and got her to do it (I realize probably the last time she ever will)!  And to my absolute delight she feel asleep snuggling with me!  This hasn't happened in a long time - maybe over a year.  I soaked in every minute of it - there was over 45 minutes left in the movie and she was asleep the whole time!  Again, I realized at the moment that it would probably the last time I snuggled with my mini me that way. especially with her falling asleep on me.  Made me sad my baby is growing up, but happy that she is growing up to be such a sweet and smart little girl!

I think that is about it for now!  Stay tuned for Cortney's Halloween costume!  I am making it myself - first year I am actually making a costume myself, and it is looking pretty cute!  Cant wait to do a photo shoot with her when it is finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment