Background1

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day, Graduate School, Tadpoles, and Ballet!

I had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday!  It started out with me staying in bed!!!!!!  It was the first year that I actually stayed in bed, and I loved it!

Cortney came into my room before her and Chris started breakfast - it might have been my favorite part of the day!  She climbed up on my bed and snuggled a little.   I asked her what today was and she said, "Mothers Day!!!!!  I Love you Mom!!!!!!"  and then gave me a big big hug!  I just melted!

Chris and Cortney made me scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast, a very nice breakfast in bed!

Cortney made me this candle at school!  She told me she was thinking about me when she painted it - cute!

 Chris gave me a card and 20 tulips!  I love them!
Also HUGE news!  I got into graduate school!  I will be getting a masters in teaching - for early childhood and elementary grades :)   Super super excited!

We also got new pets!  I have been volunteering at Cortney's school and last week in Kindergarten they had a guy come and give everyone tadpoles when I was there, so they gave me some for Cortney too!  He gave a pretty cool presentation to the kids about frogs and toads.  Cortney is was so excited about them!
 When she realized what the surprise was I had for her she said, "I love this so much!  Mom I have been wishing for this my whole life!  I have pets!"  I guess that is the thing with living in apartments, we don't really have pets.  She has named them Rapunzel and Eugene - from Tangled :)  Rapunzel is the one that kind of just chills a lot and Eugene is ever moving - he really likes swimming around on his back!  I will have to post some updates once they grow some legs!
 I got Cort ready for ballet today and she looked so cute I had to snap some pictures!
 Of course everything is pink - even down to her kitty and sunglasses!
 I cannot believe how big she is getting!  She is growing and learning so much!  Love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment