Background1

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Catch up on Cortney!

Ok, I am trying to catch up, and even though I feel like almost all of these deserve their own post I am just going to post them all together to get it all done.

Talking About School:
I was talking to Cortney about school.  We found a nice little preschool for her to go to in the fall and I was talking to her about listening to the teacher.  So I asked her:

"Cortney if your teacher says to stop talking, what are you going to do?  Keep talking, or stop talking?"

Cortney answered: "Dance!"

 Ronald?!

Before we moved we were having dinner at my parents house.  My dad was already working in Kansas, it was before they boys finished the school year so they were still in Utah.  We were talking about how everyone has real names too like mom is Kim, dad is Chris, nana is Nancy, when we got to papa and said papa's name is Ronald she said

"What?!  Ronald?!" and just started giggling.  It is funny to see her reactions when she learns new things!

Bacon Ham and other Delicious Entrees

So during the past couple months we have been working very hard to get Cortney to not be a picky eater, and we have had great success!  But to get her started eating new things, especially meat, would would say it was either bacon or chicken such as:

Bacon Ham
Steak Chicken
And pork chop bacon

Like I said before she is doing much better eating now.  She tries new food all the time and is finding out she likes almost everything she tries it has been so difficult because almost all she ever wanted to eat was bread, but now she is eating everything: meat, fruit, veggies (I even tricked her into eating cauliflower crust pizza that she could not get enough of!), and all kinds of things.

Reading the Scriptures

We were reading the "scriptures" the other night with Cortney (we read the picture scripture book at night as a family before she goes to bed).  That day was one of those days where she just didn't feel like listening much, and I had to have a lot of talks to her about listening to mom.  So in the scriptures it said something like:

The prophet was sent to tell all the wicked people to repent, but they would not listen.

We know Cort was listening because she said "Just like me!  I wasn't listening either!"  Not sure how I feel that she is comparing herself to wicked lamanites, but hey at least we know she is listening and trying to apply the things she is learning about.

Girls at the Park!

The other night we went to the park and some how Cortney got these 4 girls to follow her everywhere she went.  Did I mention she is 3.5 years old and all these girls looked somewhere between 10-12.  They would follow her and listen to her sing her little made up songs.  They would go down the slides with her and just talk about how cute she was.  Cortney was loving it so much!  Props to those girls by the way - they made her night.

When it was time to go the girls called out to Cortney:  "Bye Cortney!  We like the songs you made up!"

Cortney replied by saying "I love you too!"

Love my little miss Cortney!  We are super excited to start her ballet class in a week in a half and more excited for her to start preschool this fall!  Can't believe how fast she is growing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment